Chapter 1 of Advice to Young Artists in a Postmodern Era: Talent, Intelligence, and Art.

I got to say, the first chapter has really peaked my interest for the rest of the book. The chapter was pretty inspiring to me while at the same time making me feel guilty somewhat about how much I apply myself in certain situations such as school. While reading his advice, I was relating it to playing guitar. It's something you have to practice, practice, and practice. You can't ever think you arrived or are too good to put in the time to practice. It made me think of more creative ways I could apply what the author is talking about with art to playing guitar. The author said to improve and excel in your art focus on problem finding instead of problem solution which I thought was a very interesting way to think that's never crossed my mind. I would say the first chapter is a good motivational tool for any artists who want to make something of themselves instead of wearing a blue wal-mart vest greeting people at the front door for the next 50 years.